Saturday, January 29, 2005

Things are picking up!



The picture kind of symbolizes how I've felt -- like there's just been this little spot of something out there in the distance that I couldn't quite focus on. Then suddenly, not only is it almost in focus, but I'm starting to see all it's little companions as well.

In other words, I've started getting far too many ideas for stories again. Wonderful, nice little ideas seeping into my thoughts. I think this may be a sign of having gotten a lot of sleep this week. My brain is suddenly working again. I've got a great idea for a new fantasy novel (which I don't need) and the idea for the sf novella that I do, having an agreement and all to do that one. The idea has been bouncing around in my brain, but it finally fell into focus (at least the opening) last night.

Serendipity Blues is moving along as well. I've seen all kinds of interesting strands weaving together around the levels of 'badness' in this book.

Argh. Started this and promptly got hit by a migraine and spent the next three hours in bed. That will wipe any 'oh boy, things are going well' thoughts out of a person's brain. I've now taken so many pills of various kinds it's a wonder I can think at all.

Yesterday I cleaned up the file cabinets, pulling a ton of old fanfiction out and putting it into plastic cases. I still don't have room for the new stuff I want to print out, and there are a couple things still missing.

I'm going to sort through my computer files, too, and fine all the latest versions of everything and make backups of them and print them out. This might be most of what I work on tonight and tomorrow, while I let the stories grow a bit in my mind. I have the 2YN stuff nearly ready to upload, so I'm okay there. And I need to get a clarification on something with Ada Nish Pura -- but as soon as the last of that is cleared up, I think I'm going to be doing a full rewrite in order to incorporate a couple big changes that we worked up. I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, I know I'm crazy.

Oh, and I'm also going to do a bibliography for my site. I've never done one, for some reason. That should be fun!


No comments: