Monday, January 24, 2005

Okay, where was I?



Well yes, things are going very well. I bought myself an expensive toy --



This is the HP iPAC rx3715. I love this thing! Tonight we sat outside a closed coffee shop and played with the WiFi stuff just for the fun of it. It has a little camera (like I need that!) and of course the inevitable MP3 stuff (I'll have to break down and get into that kind of stuff now). But most of all it has a version of Word on it that works very well and is allowing me to edit material and work on things away from the computer. And this is good because I need to get away from it, but I also don't have the time to just drop all the work. This makes it possible (when the weather gets a little better!) to take my work with me, go for walks to the parks, get out in the sunlight -- and still do a little writing or DTF or FM work. I'm really thrilled. I have one novel, twelve short stories, and a synopsis on there right now. I can work anywhere!

I also made another sale -- this one to Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine! Yay! I am really happy about this sale. It's a fun story, too. (grin) Unfortunately, I only have two more things out right now, and I think one of them is just lost. Time to get moving!

So far not a bad month at all. Oddly, the one thing that doesn't seem to be going especially well is the writing. Not badly, but nothing really spectacular. Russ helped talk me through one plot problem with Serendipity Blues tonight, though, and I think that's going to get that novel moving again. It's up to 15,149 -- which isn't bad for 24 days, but still, I'd like to move a bit farther. Kinship is not very far at all -- I think less than 4k -- but it's my 'fun' work and quite frankly, I haven't had time for fun.

And I still have to get two submissions out this month. I know what they will be. I just have to find the time for final edits! So that's it for this update. Maybe I'll get a bit of a life again and have something fun to report next time. (grin)

Oh -- I have been dropping snippets of various stories in my other blog http://zettesnano04.blogspot.com/ I couldn't see any reason to just drop the poor thing after NaNo, so I'm using it to focus more on writing (like this isn't?) and talk about editing and such. No pictures. Maybe that's the only real difference. (grin)

Okay, time to get back to work again!


No comments: