Sunday, September 03, 2006

Okay, I can do this....

So there I was, about 500 words short of 40k, my latest goal for Labor of Love. I didn't think it would be a problem.

And then I started slowing down. Meds kicked in. Got tired. Got headachy. Got annoyed.

I napped for about half an hour. Would have been longer, but the neighbors got the base speaker in their car going again, and my bed was trembling -- across the street and a house over from them. It iddn't help my headache at all, but I woke up.

Now I'm sitting here looking at a scene that shouldn't be a problem to write at all. It's a fun set of stuff. Things are really picking up in the novel, which I intend to finish by the end of the month. Even if I only do two sections a day, I'll get it done in plenty of time.

But anyway, here I am with about 200 more words to go, my head pounding, the noise across the street driving me insane... and it's cold. There, I got my long-sleeved shirt out, so that's at least better. I fed the cats. I did PayPal payments for the last issue of Vision and tomorrow I can do checks.

I have to go back into the earlier part of the novel and put in just a little something -- but it's going to take reworking a scene to fit it, and I'm not certain which one I want to do. Something early, though.

I also had to rewrite two sections of my outline when I realized that one part wouldn't work at all, and the other one repeated a section I'd moved and not gone back and changed a couple things.

Oh look! Only 60 more words to go! (Yes, jumping back and forth between this and the story!)

There! 40,018! Yay!

Okay. Now I can go play with something else for a little while and see if that helps with the headache. I didn't want to get distracted with something else until I reached that 40K point though. Well, at least with nothing more serious than this blog! Posted by Picasa

No comments: