Friday, February 17, 2006

Winter

I am trying, in my own add way, to get more serious about the photography again. It takes time working with digital photos, but I'm enjoying it. Experimenting, mostly, to see what I can come up with.

It also helps pass the time while I try and figure out why the Internet isn't working, and how I'm going to pay for articles for the next issue, and why the closer it comes to my birthday, the worst things seem to get. I'd like to have a nice birthday where I'm not worried over things. I have about eighteen days to make this miracle come about. Somehow... I doubt it's going to happen. (grin)

On the other hand, I've started a major rewrite/edit of the next novel. This time it's Vita's Vengeance. I like the book, but boy does that prose need work!

I'm still working my way through the romance class, but it's increasingly plain that I'm not a romance writer. My first reaction to anything like 'what the hero/heroine can't do' is to bristle up like a startled cat start hissing 'why not?' But for the genre, the things the class is teaching are perfectly right and legitimate. I'm learning quite a bit... but mostly I'm learning that I'm not going to be a romance writer. There's nothing wrong with that.

The novel opening I posted did get some nice reviews, though. And I am going to finish writing that book -- I just don't think it will fit into the romance genre by the time I'm done. I don't know -- I might surprise myself yet.

We're having a major cold spell here. I think I'm going to go find some place nice and warm for a few hours!

If I'm not around for a few days it just means I'm having connection problems again. I'll show up sooner or later! Posted by Picasa

No comments: