Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A little of this, a little of that

This is an older picture from one of my favorite places, Mesa Verde. It was taken with the FD91, I think. So that was two cameras back, now. I really look foward to going back there some time. Maybe not in June -- that's when we usually go to the area -- but some time cooler. There and a trip down to Chaco Canyon. Russ got me a nice new book on Chaco. I'm looking foward to reading it.

Speaking of reading, I'm nearly through volume four of the Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia. I'm learning far more about fish than anyone should ever need to know, but some of it really is fascinating. I can't read more that four or five pages at a shot though, because it's so information intensive. At best, I'll only remember a few odd things here and there, but that doesn't make reading it any less interesting.

I'm going to read the rest of the material in the two mystery writing books that I bought for the class. I'm nearly done with them both anyway, so I might as well be able to add them to my short list of books. Sad to say that I'm lucky to get more than one book read a month lately. I want to pick up reading more again, but it's not easy to find the time.

What else? Writing is going well. I'm starting on a major rewrite and edit of Muse starting today. I think I can get the story tamed this time, and it shouldn't take me too long to do it. Cut back that opening... it really does go on for a little too long. Then clean up and rewrite the rest. It's not a long novel. I shouldn't take too long to get it done.

I have to get moving. This month is already getting away from me! Posted by Picasa

No comments: