Sunday, October 10, 2004

Outline....



I am very nearly done with the outline for Bad Connections. It's very long, of course. I love it! I can't wait to start writing this one -- which is about three weeks away. I have some other outlines to work on during that time. In fact, I have this fear that by the time NaNoWriMo does start, I'll have so many outlines that I love that I won't know which one to start with!

My plan is to do my usual two novels in November. I might not make it this time because of some 'down time' in the middle of the month to do a convention. But if I can do that I'll still have one or two more outlines, and that'll give me a nice start for 2005. December will be devoted to finishing the last half of Written in the Sand which I have been purposely holding off for that time.

Right now, though, the focus is on finishing Bad Connections. I have only maybe two and a half chapters to go. I might add something back toward the middle, though. I'm at 265 entries. Might go to 300 or so.

Yes, I write excessive outlines sometimes. But when I get to the actual writing, it just flies, and I love that part! So I am going to devote more time to fancier outlines for a while. Fill in all the holes that I can and then just have fun when I get to the novels.

But right now.... I think I'll take my PDA and rest for a while doing notes. I'm near the end and I think I need to slow down and think this part out again.





No comments: