Friday, October 22, 2004

As NaNo inches closer....



I have a workable outline for Darkness Falls now. It's only 150 points, but the story itself is all laid out. I think I'm going to have trouble getting the ending to feel important enough, but we'll see when I get there.

Vision work is going well. Really. The 24th issue is almost ready to go together. Editing done, copy editing done, most of the articles actually in my hands... it's good!

And then I get hit by a weird stupid problem.... For the last two hours we've been trying to figure out why the County site that I do isn't showing properly. I do the upload. I have the proper file names. Everything looks good on my end. I check the upload. It's fine. No one else can get it.

Well, you know, two things make a difference. One is that they changed the site name. Okay, that makes a difference... but more than that, the server people moved the entire site and didn't bother to tell anyone. In fact, I've been uploading to the old site, and no one bothered to tell me that it was no longer in use.

So now I'm trying to figure out how much material they don't have up, because I have NO IDEA when they did the change and no one seems willing to tell me. It's 5:30pm and no one is around, either.

I am beginning to think that I'm going to have to wipe out the entire site and upload again. I've been doing this site since 1997. That's a lot of pages, but I sure as hell don't want to go through page after page and make sure it's all there.

Argh. I'm waiting for Russ.


No comments: