Monday, October 18, 2004

Back to work!



Okay, no more playing around.

Last week was one of those transition weeks that I get now and then. Part of that came because I was actually out of town for part of it -- including Saturday when we went to Omaha. So now I have to really sit down and get to work on several things.

First up is the Vision work. I was waiting for some last articles so that I could do the contracts all at once, but I'll go ahead and get the ones I have done.

Then back to the outline for Darkness Falls which is going well -- up to about 60 points -- but is odd. It's more about the mental and cultural reactions as the humans and aliens interact. Last night in chat I talked myself into a second POV character, though. This one will not have as much interaction with the aliens so I'll be able to deal more with the human side of things.

I'm going to write out my entire main plot first, though. That will make it far easier to see where my humans are going to have their biggest moments of conflict and put her (I think her) at the right place.

At any rate, Darkness Falls is not quite turning into the novel I thought it would be when I started, but that's not a surprise. My novels usually go this way!

Am I still writing this blog to avoid doing any real work? Watever would give me that idea?

Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can talk about so I might as well go off and get to work. It's not that I don't want to get Vision done -- I just don't feel like doing it. (grin)


No comments: