Monday, December 06, 2004

Ack



I have several sick cats right now. Some little kitty virus has gone through most of the herd, and some of them are pretty miserable. I've discovered that when Willow is ill she reverts to wild cat, and that just makes it worse. She's coughing and sneezing and gasping, but won't even consider letting me pick her up, let alone give her medication. Kwi and Pip have been in and out of the vet's often in the last week. If Cricket doesn't improve soon, she's going to go. I don't know what we'll do about Willow and Maynard. At least Wind is improving. And Pip is better. So is Kwi, somewhat. And the Vet said to mix the antibiotic into their food, so if I can get some of them to start eating again, we might have a chance.

Anyway, that's part of the reason why I'm not around here much right now. This is really wearing me down. And making it hard to concentrate on anything at all. There are now only two who are in really bad -- Cricket and Willow -- and if I can work with them, I think all will be well.

And I'll be back around soon. I'm trying to work through the last stage of my 2004 writing. I have far too much stuff piled up, but I'm getting there.

As long as I don't go crazy first.

No comments: