Tuesday, November 06, 2001

Well, see... I found the kitty templateand decided to go with it for a few days. Silly, but that's the way I want it to be for now.

It's hours later, and I haven't really done anything new. Soon it'll be time for dinner and I can avoid even more work that way.

But, since this is a log to follow my work on the NaNoWriMo novel, I should introduce a little about it now. The book is called Return to Faneh-Thenyal. Yes, it is a sequel, but to a much shorter work called The Last Days of Faneh-Thenyal, which will be for sale at the Jintsu site in December. I hadn't intended to write a sequel, but I was just doing the last round of edits and trying to come up with something for the NaNoWriMo novel when it hit me.

Unfortunately, in the first five days of the month I did only 10,525 words. That's not a bad count, just not anywhere near where I hoped to be. However, I am now at the end of part one, and my first group of people are suitably stranded, so I can move on to the next set -- an emperor who's about to find out he has even fewer friends than he thought. And it's going to be a very painful lesson to learn.

My hope is to continue in the 3-5,000 words a day vein that I've gotten into the last couple days.

But there are distractions. I found a young adult novel that I want to get done and out. I did a lot of work on it last night. And I have a short story that's only half finished, and I hate to leave them sitting around like that.

And now I've done more writing here than I have on anything else. Time to get to work for a few minutes before dinner!

No comments: