Friday, May 21, 2004



Yes, I am still here. Really. I've just been far busier than I thought I would be. No, I haven't taken that time to do some writing like I mentioned in the last post. I don't think I'm going to get to it any time soon, either. Right now I'm working on the next 2YN class, and it's going slowly, though I think it finally clicked in for me tonight. Actually, I'm working on two short 2YN classes, because I'm going to be gone for a few days next week, and I need to get other things done before then -- like the edit of something I hope will interest a publisher. I don't really have any hope of it, but it would be stupid not to be prepared.

Small problems at FM took a lot of time to sort out, too. Oh, and over the last month I've reworked some of my personal website. I'm happy with the slightly new look and the additions, like articles on writing and some of my photography.

The one really good thing is that Russ and I have talked out parts of a mystery novel at dinner just about every night this week, and I think it's going to be fun to write, when I find the time. (Yeah, right.) I had the basic ideas for a couple weeks now but I just couldn't get it to click in until I suddenly hit on the idea of reversing the two main character's backgrounds. As soon as I did that, it started to fly for me. I see the opening, I see the characters (though they don't have names yet!), and I see some of the story unfolding.

I have other work to get done first. But I also have that nice little outline program to work this all out in. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and my recently finished mystery is going out in the mail tomorrow, I think. I have the cover letter and the synopsis done, and the first few chapters printed out. Wish it luck. (grin)

No comments: