Tuesday, May 11, 2004



Whoa! Don't do my journal for a few days and I come back to find something... odd. new look to the page where I write this up. Really, it doesn't look bad, just took me a moment to get used to.

I actually came along to post this little tidbit:

From: DELETED
> Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 2:19 PM
> To: zette@sff.net
> Subject: Your Class
>
> I'm a member of another sight. People there say you teach a
> class on novels, but that you aren't qualified and do a stoopid
> job.
>
> You haven't got anything published with a real publisher. If you did
> you woudl know how to really write and maybe could teach others. Why
> are you telling people how to work when you don't know how to?

> People said you been real stooped to others I know about things nad kicked
> them out when they don't agree with you. I tell everyone they should
> quit your stoopid class not to go near you.

And I am very grateful for the last line. I'd just as soon anyone who listens to children like this not go near me.

As for the class... well, some people find it helpful and others don't -- which is what I said from the beginning. If you don't like the class, if it has become an annoyance to you, then drop out and write the novel without it. Or don't write the novel. There's nothing wrong with that.

If you are enjoying the class, stick around. We're soon going to leap into writing. I wish it could have come sooner, but even at a class a week, there was a lot of stuff to cover. But that's what a class is about, right?

And you know people, when you start donating time to helping others with their writing, then you can come and talk to me about what it takes to do classes like this.

In the mean time, well, I have people asking me questions and a class to write up for this week. I'm sure you can find something else to entertain yourself.

No comments: