Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wednesday Notes



Yes, things have been very busy at this corner of the world, which is why I again missed the Friday Snippets last week There will be more on all the troubles next week, after everything is done and settled, but let's just say that I really don't need any more of this kind of stress in my life.

On the other hand, we are having a lovely autumn so far, and I have gotten out into it more than I expected. Last week we took a nice little trip down to the DeSoto Wildlife Refuge -- an almost perfect day there. The weather was gorgeous, the birds cooperative, and the trees just starting to change. The regular entrance had been blocked off for road repair and most people apparently couldn't find their way to the south entrance. There was hardly anyone there at all

That was last Friday. This Friday I am going to the zoo for a couple hours while Russ takes care of a few business things in Omaha. I haven't been there this month, so I'm looking forward to it. The weather looks as though it will be a good day for it, too. There are a couple little tiger cubs I only got a glimpse of last month, and they should be up and running this time around.

So, that looks like something to look forward to. Next year, they'll have the new butterfly house built. That looks like a great opportunity for a camera person.

Ah, and speaking of cameras, I'm still lusting after the DSC H9. I had hoped to get it in October, but new disasters struck this month, and it looks as though it might be a few more months. I don't need a new camera right at this point, but I've been looking at this one for a long time. It looks like a lot of fun. I could use some fun this year.

Not that it's been a horrible year. It hasn't. It's just that every time we think we're about to climb out of our troubles, something else comes along to knock us back down again. I know that's the way life is for most people -- and like most people, I'm starting to find it very annoying. I would like a quiet couple months, at least.

And I would like a new toy to play with. (grin)

Tomorrow night I hope to post something new for Friday Snippets and have it up for Friday, even though I won't be here. I think I'm going to go with a new novel that is next on my list of edits. This one just came back from Luna after a year and a half. I like the story, but I'm not surprised they decided it wasn't for them. I'm not really a romance writer, and even the Luna imprint needs a little bit more of it than I had in this story.

The book I'm editing right now is one that's already sold and should be published next year, so I really can't snippet it. I am amazed, though, at how much work it seems to need. Or maybe I'm being overly sensitive toward it. I'll do this edit, and if the publisher prefers the earlier version, it's not a big deal. And yes, the publisher knows I'm editing it -- I wouldn't just suddenly drop a new version on her.

I think I might write the sequel to this novel in NaNo this year. Maybe. We'll see when November 1 comes along. So far it has seemed unwise to make any real plans for this year. Not much has gone the way we planned.

And that's it, really. I need to get back to work on other things! Maybe I'll even get the snippet ready so I'm set this time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: