Sunday, November 12, 2006

One book done, on to number two

I finished The Servant Girl this afternoon. Tonight I started Dancer. The second book is sf, and I'm enjoying it so far. I'm about 3,000 words into it. I should have 5,000 for the day.

Hmmm... I think Zaphod just rolled over and fell off the table, poor little guy. I think he was really tired.

Anway, back to the writing. It's going well. Dancer appears to be moving along quite nicely. It's an sf novel, too. I write a lot of fantasy lately, so moving over to an sf novel is kind of fun. Maybe I should have started with this one.

But I have not complaints about The Servant Girl. It moved along very well, and I think it's a good first draft. I am thinking about some major changes in the setting and background for the book, but that will come later. Now it's time to turn my attention to the new book.

I did get the 2YN classes posted, though. Stuff like that can slip right past me when I start working like I have been this month.

I'm not sure if I've said how much I like NaNo. I really do enjoy it, even this year with everything else giving me problems and being annoyed and in a bad mood. But I can write a novel or two in November, and enjoy the process of just writing for the joy of writing for a few weeks. I'm already past the 'NaNo and nothing else' days at the start of November, but I'm still fitting a lot of NaNo writing in. Russ thinks it' s great. He's made me several meals and cleaned up and handled all sorts of things for me while I made it through The Servant Girl and started Dancer.

But now, alas, it's time to start slipping back into the real world. I'm probably a little late already.

It's been fun, though. And I intend for it to continue to be fun, too.

So now I'm heading back into the world of Dancer and continue with the first meeting between Cha and Devlin. Posted by Picasa

No comments: