Friday, January 02, 2004



Russ's uncle died on New Year's Eve. He had been ill so it wasn't a shock, but still...

Today Russ has a class to teach in Omaha. It's an all day class so he's already on his way, and we're supposed to get snow tonight. So rather than driving back up here (over 100 miles) to get me, and then drive back down there and then about 60 miles to the east, he's just going to stay in Omaha tonight and then drive on to the two towns where they are holding services tomorrow -- one at 10 am and another at 2 pm.

Since his sister is flying in from Tennessee and his brother is coming down from northeast Nebraska (even farther than Russ has to go -- this is a long state), I'm sure he's going to stay there for a while on Saturday to spend time with them. The problem is that it's supposed to snow all day Saturday. I hope the weather isn't too bad when he's driving back.

In the mean time, class stuff has started at FM and I've begun my first novel of the year and my first editing. I am having some bad back problems, though, which is keeping me from spending as much time at the computer as I would like to right now.

And sleep might be a good plan, too -- but the bed is horribly uncomfortable for me. In fact, I think I'm going to go take some pills that will knock me out for a good amount of the daylight hours. Not a problem from my POV.

LOL. Point of view. I've become way too much of a writer.

Anyway, here it is about 7 am. I think I should stop working on the edits for Muse and just crawl off to bed like I said.

Not off to a great start for the year. I hope things get better soon.

No comments: