Tuesday, April 30, 2002

I am doing considerably better today. I've even managed to get some work done. Not enough... but I'm getting there. I hope to have Vision done pretty much on time, though who knows? The way things have been going with me the last few weeks, I'll be lucky if I can get out of bed in the morning.

My back is still giving me twinges, but nothing like yesterday and the day before. I have not touched an actual pain pill today, though I have taken a couple asprin. The fact that I've survived so far without going mad is a good sign.

My writing, as you can imagine, has been odd. I did 1000 words yesterday, but it was in bits and pieces and I admit that some of it wasn't entirely coherent when I copied it over from the Visor. So I straightened it up and then went on with today's work. And I've managed about... 300 words. It's post drugged brain syndrome. I can't focus. I'm going to force myself to get to 1000 tonight and maybe finish this piece tomorrow. It's close.

I did do two rewrites, however. One short story of barely 1100 words went off in email to Strange Horizons. The second is just done printing and will be in the mail to Asimov's tomorrow. Do I expect either to sell? Not really. But you never know when I might finally hit the right story to the right place.

And in the mean time... well, I'll keep writing, I guess. (grin)

No comments: