Monday, April 01, 2002

And here we are at another month. Pant, pant, gasp. Glad that dare is over! We're now into the regular two month dare, and that looks so much better!

Tonight is the first night of the Checking on Culture class that I'll be presenting at Forward Motion. I'm really excited about this one. When I showed Holly some of the notes, she said it even sparked some ideas for her. So, with luck, I'll be handling this well enough to help some others. This is the type of material I love to work with, and I used the checklist extensively for Ada Nish Pura.

Ah, that reminds me. I need to go and cut out a huge chunk of the novel and rework something. After I finally went to bed last night (about 8am, actually), I found the answer to something that had bothered me with the book, and I want to rework it right now before I get caught up in anything else. So, off to do that, then maybe some of the rewrite on Brendan's Song and then... the start of Crystal and the Stars.

Amazing. I still look busy, don't I?

Ah, and let me tell you about my Easter...

Instead of going off to some nice, quiet wildlife refuge, Russ and I went to my parents' house. My mother is in a nursing home since a severe stroke a couple years ago, but my father had brought her home for that day. My neice was there.

My neice is 27, I think. She's on her second marriage. And she has her mother's habit of never being quiet. Talk, talk, talk... it was fun to listen to her -- but then my father, who is hard of hearing started in on an entirely different conversation. And then my father decided to call my sister in Tuscon. And gave me the phone. On Becky's end there were two or three conversations almost as loud as the discussion between Becky and me. Well, discussion isn't the word. Becky talked. Erin talked. My father talked. Becky's husband daughter and son talked.

I had such a raging headache by the time we left that I couldn't even think straight. I don't believe we stayed more than two hours but it seemed a lot longer.

And you know what? Aside from the fact that my neice is on fertility drugs and my sister had her gall bladder out... I'm not entirely sure what anyone said.

No comments: