Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow, snow, snow... cold

We have a good amount of snow on the ground again, and some incredibly cold weather. I am so glad I moved to my office because the front part of the house is frigid. Even sitting to dinner is far too cold sometimes!

We ran out of cat food -- something we will have to correct very quickly! -- and the check we keep hoping for did not show up again today.

The car died. Again.

My father was in the hospital again for last week, so we were up there a bit. Lucky for us the car survived for most of that, at least. We couldn't get there the day he was released, so he took a taxi home.

Now, on the other hand, I'm writing a steady 3k a day. It's been an experiment that's worked very well so far. I start out with 1k before I even open my email, and that usually goes very quickly. The next 1k comes during the day while I work on other things -- a break here and there from FM, DTF or Vision. The story -- still not titled -- is nearly done at about 47k. Not a good lenght, but a good story to write. I really enjoyed it. So much so, that I seem to be dragging the ending out too far. (grin)

I'm doing odd things in editing this year. Instead of trying to do at least five pages a day, I'm doing it in large chunks that average at least 5 pages a day, but isn't done every day. It seems to be working well, but we'll see. It's always good to try something new each year, and the editing part hasn't been working as well as I would like in the past.

I just looked outside and the car is running! Yay! A step in the right direction, at least! Now if we can just keep it going for a few days. (laughs) Just so long as Russ gets down and picks up cat food, all is well in the world. You don't want to live in this house without cat food handy.

And I am going back to writing and working now. I'm going to have to start thinking about my next story, too. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jean said...

Without cat food, you could find yourselves missing fingers and toes...