Monday, October 09, 2006

So the list....

I wrote it up. I printed it out. Then, on the second day, I turned it over and used it for scratch paper.

No, it didn't quite work well.

The second 2YN book is not going to be done before December. I just can't get it all and stay sane. Or sane as I am already. I'm going to back up, work on it a little more slowly, and see if I can't get it done in a reasonable amount of time. I am not, as I thought I might, skip NaNo to do it. I'm already annoyed enough with life. Skipping NaNo would not be a good plan this year, even if I'm not ready for it.

And I'm going to the zoo tomorrow. So there.

I had to sit back and apply some of my own 'words of wisdom ' to my work. I tell people not to worry, if things don't get done in time (at FM for instance) that no one is going to die of it. Don't drive yourself crazy over this stuff. And when you are already under stress, don't add to it. I've not been paying attention to my own words, and I've been driving myself crazy this last year. Sure, a lot of things have not gone right on a personal level, but it's all right. We're getting there. And as long as I don't go pounding my head against the wall much, I think I'll be fine.

Besides, I get to go to the zoo tomorrow. Sure, it's going to be cold. (But not as cold as Wednesday, when we are apparently going to get snow!), and I'll have to sit outside the zoo or about an hour or so before it opens... but I don't care! I'm going to go and have a good time.

But right now... well, better get some work done! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jean said...

Dress warmly and in layers. Have a great zoo day.