Tuesday, April 13, 2004



I just spent time I should have been sleeping (maybe) sorting out all my finished manuscripts. I have pulled out a list of nineteen novels, totaling over 1,500,000 words, to prepare for submission. One of them is actually already out. I'm going to get the others ready for submission packages to publishers and agents. As I take a closer look at some of them I'll likely take them off the list and put them in the 'rewrite it completely' list. But I expect to get at least ten or so novels out of this.

There are two mysteries, three young adult mysteries, seven fantasy and seven SF. One of the mystery novels is already out, but it is long over due and I suspect I need to query to make certain I didn't miss something.

I think what I'm going to do is choose one from one of the other genres to do next, and then another genre, etc. I'll run out of mystery and YA mystery fairly fast, but it will still make this kind of fun.

How long do I think it will take me? Well, I would love to do one a week. That's not totally impossible, but probably still a bit more than I can manage. And I might run out of viable places to send some of the stuff and have to wait for one to be rejected before I send the next. Still... maybe I should just have the packages ready to go. Get them all done and have them lined up and ready.

I kind of like this plan.

There are other problems. I should have been working on Vision tonight, for instance. And doing some site work at Forward Motion. But I needed a day with my work, to look at options and to make plans. Otherwise I'd be likely not to find the time.

Okay, so I'm going to be doing the cover letters and synopsis stuff for a while. I don't like it, but I can do it. Query letters for those who take them.

I think this will be a fun adventure. Really!

Or maybe I just haven't had enough sleep lately...

No comments: