Wednesday, January 30, 2002

Today's mail brought two absolutely beautiful Folio Edition books. The first of the sixteen or so volumes of the History of England seires, and The Babylonians, which is the second of four books I have out of that particular set. The other is The Persians. I still have The Egyptians and the Hittites to buy, but at $50+ each, it's not something I leap out and grab on a whim. It took me a long time to decide to do the History of England set,which is also in the $50+ per book range.

I have learned something important about the Folio Books, of which I now have 20. I can trust them, especially where history is concerned. No, hold it --make that 22. I forgot the one Grant (Nero) and the Maltese Falcon book. Hmmm... might be getting up there with Russ's leatherbound Presidential Library from Easton Press.

Looking around, though, I think I need to redo my shelves in here. I might even do that yet this month, since I'm not going to do any spectacular writing, as far as I can tell. (grin) I may be slowed down by some reading, though. I made the mistake of starting The Babylonians, even knowing it was the type of thing that would take my attention from other work I need to do. Silly person....

Okay, it's 5:30. I should get some writing done first tonight, maybe. Russ worked out of the house today because he had some meetings here in town, but he's gone right now. I suspect he'll be back soon either with dinner, or with news that we should go head for dinner. I'm up for either one at the moment. Does make it difficult to start writing though...

Decisions, decisions.

And still no snow, by the way. We still have a chance of some tonight and tomorrow. I see by the radar that we might actually be right on the edge of a thin band of snow, but nothing yet....

No comments: