Thursday, January 17, 2002

Another long night of not doing much. Four more episodes of Buffy. Don't worry -- there are only four more in this collection, and then I'll be done with them. Of course I do have the four seasons of X-Files on DVD that I could go to next....

I wrote about 1200 words on Hunter and Hunted before I went off to watch the shows. Now I want to do a little work on Abby. In some ways, Buffy is a good thing for me to watch for Aubureyan work. I'm dealing with demons in human form, with fighting evil. I think Aubreyan may need to question more, although he's bitter enough, I suppose about not having much say about his place in all this.

I wonder, sometimes, if I'm just fooling myself into thinking a book like Aubreyan has a chance. I write books that I would like to read, but I find that my tastes are not exactly aligned with what his selling these days. Oh, every now and then I stumble onto something I really like that's popular with others, but too often....

I don't know. I guess the best I can do is work with Abby and see what happens. You never know. At some point I might get it right.

No comments: