Wednesday, January 16, 2002

4:30 in the morning.

Not an unusual time for me by any means. I've just watched a couple more Buffy episodes. I'd never seen any until a couple days ago. Now I've picked up the first season on DVD. I've seenthe first four. They're fun.

But I should be writing. I should be fired up about my new stories. I should be looking at markets and attacking the new year... and I'm not. I can't decide if this is just a hold over from the flu/cold I've had or not. I've been sleeping a LOT. My energy level is zilch, and even writing a few hundred words is way more difficult than it should be.

I really hate these up and down days where I can't seem to focus. They happen now and then. I know it. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. It doesn't make the days any more pleasant to live through.

And did I mention the headache is coming back, straight up the right side of my head and into my eye. I've noticed that writers tend more toward headaches than any other group I know. I am beginning to believe that it's because we think too much.

Okay, a little work on Aubreyan. That's the serious novel of the day. The rewrite is going well. I can do this.

No comments: