Saturday, January 19, 2002

This is as close as I come to writer's block. I have plenty to write. I have stories all laid out, and notes written up. I do my 1000 words a day, but they are forced out because I just don't feel like it. No angst, no beating the head against the wall because the stories won't come. Just don't feel like working that hard right now. This will last a couple days. Sometimes longer, but I can bet it won't hold on that long this time. I have that new set of books I thought I would start today, but it's not worked that way.

I just noticed that Hunter and Hunted leapt over into novelette size while I wasn't looking. I expected novella though, so I'm not surprised. Abby, on the other hand, has lost quite a bit of the opening in this rewrite. Also all right, though I hope to add some material later on. Poor book see-saws all over the place. It was 120,000+, then I cut it way back to about 80,000. There was a huge section that was just... boring. This time I'll see if I can't expand a couple areas and get it back to at least 100,000.

500 words at a time.

No comments: