Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Okay, let's try this again



Okay, let's try this again. I started to write this great entry for Joyously Prolific, and about 800 words into it, I realized it would make a better Vision article. The article is now 1586 words long and sitting off to the side where I can go over it again later.
So . . . what shall I talk about instead?

Russ will be home in a couple days. He hasn't been here since January 2nd, so it's going to be very nice to see him again. We talk on Skype most nights -- sometimes with video when he has a good connection at a hotel. That helps us both. The cats come by so he can see them, too. The funny thing is that the video looks very much like the communication's video on the old Space: 1999 episodes sometimes. We live in a science fiction world.

Anyway, we have plans to visit a wildlife refuge, discuss our new big project, and generally just enjoy a little time together. A week is not long enough, of course, but it's what we've got. Russ has classes to teach during that time, too. So it really isn't going to be enough time, no matter what.

And I admit that the closer it gets to Russ coming home, the more trouble I'm having staying focused on anything at all. I need to get some work done on Vision, but I just keep bouncing off of it. Very annoying. I'm surprised that I got the article done. But then, again, I wasn't trying to write an article, so maybe that's the answer.

I guess I'll go try not to work on Vision and see how I do.

It's a plan.

Not a good one, but a plan.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: