Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Resting our way to 2010



I'm starting to look 2010 in the eyes and face it down. A new novel idea has taken over the 1/1/10 spot for new story of the year. I'm sorting out plan and goals rethinking all the things that didn't go right this year and I can improve on. There's always room for improvement

Next year is going to be editing year. I've been playing at editing, but I need to get far more serious again. And I need to make decisions on which stories are going to be going out in the next rounds.

But for the last two weeks of the year, I really don't have that much to do. I've finished what is likely going to be my last short story of the year. I've done most of the work on two outlines. I've done work on Vision. I'm putting together the next to the last newsletter for the year, and it's relatively easy this time.

It's odd. I'm used to having to rush to finish one thing or another before the end of the year, but it's not happening this time. I find myself anxious for the start of the year so I have to rush again, and that's not really good. I should take advantage of these nice, quiet days. But here I am tonight, rushing to get this done just before midnight. I think I'll sleep late tomorrow. I think I'll take time to just relax and not worry about much of anything for a few days. It will be a new experience.

And then, when 2010 arrives, I will have my new story ready to run. It's going to be fun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

D.M. Bonanno said...

Resting is good. I actually made a goal for Dec 2010 to not start any new projects, just manage cleanup, so I can enjoy the season and the moment(s). Hope you enjoy the resting up. :)