Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March Madness at FM



You know, if it wasn't for Outlook popping things up to remind me now and then, I probably wouldn't have a clue what day it is. Actually, I thought it was Thursday today. I've been rushing to try and get the DAZ Newsletter done... which is a good thing, really. It means it will be done tonight, I think. Early. I like that part! And it's odd, because otherwise I knew it was Wednesday and the first day of March Madness. But my brain told me it was Thursday when it came to the Newsletter.

We have started March Madness over at FM. I was going to go with something new... but I decided it would be too insane to drop Kat Among the Pigeons when it is going so well. I don't need to work on something new... I need to get this book finished so I can put a query out on it.

So, I am going to try and push to finish it over the next week. That really should be fun besides being the important and right thing to do. I think I can do it -- it's probably between 30 and 40k left to go.

And if I get it done early, I think I'll start the next Silky novel. That should be fun!

This is good in other ways, too. It's less stress on me, which I am trying to do this year. Do fun things. Play more with graphic programs... as you can tell from this picture. I am learning Poser 7. It does things quite differently from DAZ Studio, even though it uses the same models. I have found it frustrating at times, but I'm starting to get the knack of it. It's fun to learn new things and be a bit creative at the same time.

Here is a snippet of Kat. By this time next week, I should be done with it!

Snippet of Kat Among the Pigeons:

After a quick shower I looked in on David again. He'd pulled a pillow over his head, obviously trying to block out the sunlight. I thought it cute.

Yeah, I know. That new love stuff can drive a person crazy. I'd have to try and curb all that sweetness and get back to work. Soon. Really.

I walked out to the living room in time to find Gaylord balanced on the back of a chair close to the window and making kissy sounds. On a branch the other side sat one of those startling blue stellar jays that populate the area. It was giving him the evil eye, as far as I could tell.

"What are you doing?" I asked, coming up beside him.

"Are you kidding? Look at her! She's gorgeous. Look at those wings! Man, I'd love to nest in those wings. And those tail feathers!" He gave a cockatiel version of a wolf whistle.

"She's not even your species."

"Hey," he said, jabbing at my arm. "Do I say anything about you and the human?"

You can't argue with a point like that.

I went to the kitchen and made tea and toast, sent a little magical nudge to get David up out of bed and into the shower. I had everything waiting on the table when he came out, though it took a little magic to get it there on time.

He looked startled and pleased when I waved him toward the chair. I had already settled into mine and sipping tea as though I hadn't just rushed through everything like a crazed pixie.

"Thank you! This looks great!" He smiled as he sat down. "Do you think it's going to snow all day?"

"I think it's going to snow until this mess clears up. This much magic in the area is bound to interact with the weather."

He sipped his tea and looked at me over the cup. "What are we going to do?"

I could have said that I didn't want him involved, but it would have been a stupid thing to say, and the kind of line that makes me wince in the movies. He was just as involved as me at this point. Tell him he couldn't help because he didn't have magic? Neither did Cato, but he helped.

And it was his world.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: