Friday, June 25, 2010

Outline done



I have completed the outline for Dancer and I'm really pleased with it. I'm going on to Autumn Skies -- which is going to get a different title. I have a different series that deals with seasons and a book called Autumn Storm. I don't want people confusing them or thinking they are related.

This book is awful. Truly awful. Rambling. No sense. The POV character is way too angsty. This one is going to take a lot longer to do because it's going to be a whole new story. The basic idea -- trouble on world that is about to go into a 200 year winter -- is fine. Even that it was famous for wine is good. Bits of the trouble are fine. But overall -- not so good.

And you know what? I'm really looking forward to it. There are some aspects of the characters that are going to be really interesting to explore. And I think I can build up some things for future books as well. It's just going to be slower work. Dancer looks as though it will be about 90k when written. The second book (St. Cloud is the current idea for a title) is probably going to be shorter. We'll see.

Other things. Getting Vision done but just having trouble with it. Ugh.

Too hot. Heat index is 100f today. My little fan is not doing a lot of good.

Ugh.

Time to escape into some nice pretend world.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

J.A. Marlow said...

Congrats on finishing one of the outlines! Yay! Good to hear you found some stuff to salvage from the second book. At least you won't be starting completely from scratch with it. :)