Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nearly done with one



I am down to the last two chapters of Silky 4, as well as some pieces I want to add in a little earlier in the story. The book is nearly to 60k, so I think it will be somewhere around 65k in the first draft. For my first drafts, that's running about right and maybe even a little higher than usual. The book is going to need considerable editing, fixing, reworking -- but now that I finally have this last story written, I can see what I want. Until now, I've been playing with it, dancing around the ideas -- and afraid to face it, I think. I don't really want to end the Silky books.

But it is time.

I'm over 128k in the NaNo run. After this I'll likely work on Autumn Storm and run it to The End as well. Then I'll go back to work on Wildlands and get it at least to 50k. I'm looking at a NaNo run this year of somewhere around 180k total, I think. Very good, considering the problems I've had.

Did I mention the problem with my computer? Fan on the video card, but it's a known problem and I'll get a free replacement. However, that has to wait until Russ can help me with it, either via Skype or in person. And that's going to be a while yet. So I have to keep turning the computer off to get rid of the incredibly horrible noise that drives me nuts.

And I can't do much with graphics at all. Even just getting pictures for the blogs tends to fire it up into screeching range.

It's late tonight. Right now I'm writing in a couple little things I wanted to add into the Silky Story. Then I'll head for bed. Tomorrow I think I'm going to finish the novel. and I know the ending scene. I am really looking forward to that part.

Even though I'll be sorry to be done.

Writers are such contrary people sometimes.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mr. Walker said...

Just wanted to say thanks for "NaNo for the New and Insane." I finished reading it yesterday, after I reached my 1,667 words for the day, of course.

D.M. Bonanno said...

I know exactly what you mean. The fan on my motherboard has gone, and every now and then, my computer makes this horrendous noise for days on end. Then it stops. Can't replace it though, just have to wait for the pc to die and then replace it.

Glad you're enjoying nano and that your fan problem is fixable. :)