Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Silky -- Coming Soon




Oh. Just saw that I used this picture the last time, too. Well, I'm exicited about it, okay?


"Exciting, complex and richly textured, with a world you'll believe and a
protagonist you have to cheer for -- Silky is wonderful." Holly
Lisle (Quote from original 1998 Embiid Publishing release.)



Captured as a child and sold into heartless slavery has robbed Silky of his magical abilities and left him with no expectations of a better life -- until his own act of bravery delivers him into the hands of a powerful Lord of the Land.

His troubles are far from over, however, since Lord Reed is out of favor with the King, and danger threatens at any mischance. Working with Lord Reed starts him along a path that will lead to power, danger and heartbreak, and a future the young slave boy could never have imagined.

***

Yes, the new edition of Silky should be out soon! I'm really happy to see it going back into print. I suspect the second book in the series will follow before the end of the year, which will be really wonderful.

That's my big news for the day/week/month. Russ has not been home since February. We thought he would make it last weekend, but it didn't work. Then we thought he might have a chance at two weekends in a row in early May, but the company decided to send him to Detroit rather than Davenport -- if he had been in Davenport, he could have driven home for a couple days on both ends of his week there.

He says he will be home for the Memorial Day weekend. I really don't believe it, to be honest, because something has gone wrong for every weekend he meant to come home.

But at least the snow is gone.

Now I have to start worrying about thunderstorms. And grass. Do you know how many years it has been since I mowed grass? Well, not quite as long since I had scooped snow, but still....

I want a puppy. A very small, not going to grow into anything big, puppy. I'm not sure why. I think I just want something to change things around a bit here. Maybe I should consider something a little less traumatic for the cats?

Ah. Here's another picture for you. The Boys on their second birthday.

There. That's better.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: