Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Happy Birthday to me


Today is my birthday. Since I knew I wasn't going to have any celebration, I decided to do something for me. I've worked hard on Kat Among the Pigeons, and it still almost didn't get done and up in time. However, the book is available at Smashwords for $1.99, and I hope people will give it a try. It's a fun book! And remember -- even if you don't have a Nook or Kindle (or other ebook reader), you can still read it as a PDF or online. I hope to have a few sales today, just as my own form of celebration.




About the novel:



Kat and her boyfriend frantically fight the enemy with the aid of a lazy tom cat, an African gray parrot who only speaks in verse, and a wise-cracking cockatiel with a bad attitude.



She's trying very hard not to think the world is doomed.



Kat Among the Pigeons

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/45956



And the second half the gift to me is also done. This is something that I have been working on for a full year with two other authors. I am happy to announce that the conspiracy is ready:



A Conspiracy of Writers

http://www.aconspiaracyofauthors.com/



ACOA is only the barebones of the site so far, but it will grow. We have a plans for newsletters, contests, games, reviews and more. The other two authors are preparing work to go to our editor and up for publication, but I am blazing the way with several of my own pieces.



Eventually, the site will have its own storefront, but for now we're redirecting our sales to Smashwords and the Nook and Kindle sites.



I am really very happy with both of these. I think people will enjoy Kat Among the Pigeons, and I believe that ACOA is going to be a wonderful and fun publishing site when I get more of the odd things added in.



I hope you'll check them out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Lazette. Happy (belated) birthday. My Little One also celebrated a birthday, the day before yours. Actually, we celebrated this past weekend, on the same day we celebrated my brother's birthday and my sister-in-law's. The Birthday Season is upon us! -TimK