Saturday, January 01, 2011

Welcome to 2011




So far I'm not impressed. It's VERY cold. My back is giving me an incredible amount of trouble and there is snow that needs shoveled (not a good combination). I stayed up past midnight and did some writing, though not very much. I've started the 4th Devlin book, and I think it's going to be better once I feel up to actually sitting in chairs and stuff.


So, overall, it's hard to approach the start of 2011 with any kind of enthusiasm when you are walking like Igor and mumbling under your breath as you move from room to room.


My total number of words for 2010 was 1,039,963 -- which is better than I had hoped to do. Of that, there were nine novels, though only two were brand new. It was my year for reworking older stuff from scratch, and that worked out VERY well for me. I am somewhat starting out this year in the same way, though I also have two huge projects in the outline/world building phase.


Last night I decided that I want to write more short stories, too. I like that idea.


So my plans for 2011 are somewhat nebulous this year. I have work that needs to be done and things I hope to do for fun. Right now, though, most of me wants just a quiet, calm writing year with fun stories. I think I can manage that if I put my mind to it.


Here's hoping that 2011 goes well for all of us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: