Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween and NaNo



I am a bit less than three hours from NaNo. I might even be almost ready. This year's plan is to write one novel I want to get done, and if I have time and feel like it, I'll do some relatively short (50k at least) books. Or book. Or not at all after I get the first one done.

My hand is still giving me a lot of trouble. There are things going on here (like the possibility of Russ moving to New York in mid-month) that really hasn't helped my NaNo-mood. I have Vision up, I have FM updated, I got the new Sangre story posted last night, and I have a little bit more writing to do on Silky2 and I'll be done with it. I have an outline for my novel (better print that off!), and notes besides, if I can find them. About midsummer I bought the NaNo poster with the little squirrels and such on it, so I need to get that up. I have cleared the top of my hutch so that Edmond and Zaphod stop rolling off the books and falling on me -- pulling down books with them.

There are so many things I haven't done that I don't even want to think about it.

But I'm here anyway.

Here are my totals from previous NaNo's. I don't expect to do as well this year:


2001 -- Return to Faneh Thenyal -- 70,436
2002 -- Freedom and Fame -- 101,654
Whispers of Winterwood -- 75,101
2003 -- Mirrors -- 72,081
Journey to Winter -- 84,264
2004 -- Bad Connections -- 106,042
Darkness Falls -- 84,123
2005 -- Kat Among the Pigeons -- 102,619
Feather in the Wind -- 50,191
The Time and the Place -- 51,185
2006 -- Summer Storm -- 67,769
The Servant Girl -- 102,085
Dancer -- 98,258

That's 1,065,813 words. Maybe it is time to slow down a bit!

I will try to post snippets each day, but I'm really very busy and just keeping up the word count is going to be difficult this year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: