Friday, December 13, 2002

Well, no. It's not like I've been really busy. That can't be the reason I haven't been here. I'm not even doing holiday stuff this year, so I don't have that excuse. I did get one of the unfinished pieces cleared out of the queue, but it was really the relatively easy one to do, so that's good. But... well, I'm just not really here, I guess. I don't know where the days are going.

Dacey's Dream is done. I'll have another read through before it goes out, and no doubt a bit more editing, but that's going to wait until next year. I'm working through the other three pieces at about 500 words a day. I'd like to be doing more, but they're just not coming.

And yes, you've read that kind of stuff a few dozen times during the last year. I hit periods like this, usually after a long, good writing stretch. It's not a surprise. It is an annoyance this close to the end of the year, but I'll get everything done. I have Ada Nish Pura plotted out, and I'm just going from scene to scene with Turkey Shoot, but that's part of the fun of that story. It's silly, and it's meant to be, so there's no telling what might pop up next in it. The bit of fanfic is going all right too. I just need to get my people moving there.

Anything else? No. Well, my cat is sick. Russ is going to New York next week. I've given up on the idea of holidays. I should be writing.

Ack.

No comments: