Monday, December 30, 2002

The last hours of the year, stretching out before me...

I really have very little to get done. Some work on Vision, which shouldn't be too bad. I have everything lined up now, and I just need to do two notes and fix a couple problems. Turkey Shoot is very nearly done -- I expect it to come in under 20,000 words. I'm just playing around with the two outlines. I could probably be more serious about them... but I'm in a mood to just slow down and relax.

My plan is to write my last words for the year some time after midnight tonight, and then not write again until after midnight and into the new year. I actually haven't decided exactly what I'm going to start writing on, which is rather troubling this late in the game, but I suspect it will be one of the two new outlines. In fact, even as I thought of this, Emergent started calling to me. Good.

I have several other projects for the New Year, and a few I think I'd like to start on Day 1, and try to get into the habit of working on them. The big one is the one I almost always face at the first of the year -- editing. I've written a great deal of new material this year, and I need to turn my focus toward making some of them presentable. In some cases, I have no choice. I still need a final edit on three of the Dark Staff series (as well as writing two more). In fact, I might as well admit to myself that I'm not at all happy with Eliora's World (Book 5) and plan on another complete rewrite of that one. Okay. I said it. So I have to edit two and write three. That's not too bad. Of course, then I have to edit the three I have to write, but that's all right.

I'm also getting the copy edits in on book 2 right now, so that needs to be added into the 'get this done right now' list of things.

But this all sounds so normal for me that I'm trying to figure out what I can do that would be new and different. I like a challenge at the start of the year. Something other than 'Try to keep a little more sane this year.'

Have to think about this one...

No comments: