Friday, October 06, 2006

Not Catching up

This is bad. I seem to be falling farther behind rather than catching up. So, I've made up a chart with odd lists of numbers (1,2, 3 in one list, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in a couple of others). They represent what I want to get done on certain projects each day. They go back to first of this month, and a couple will be filled in late, but I will get them.

The projects are 2YNY2, NaNo outline, ADW pics, Paid in Gold and Blood.

I do well with lists like this where I can see where I stand, and where I want to mark something off. So, let's hope that it works well for me this month, or else I'm in a lot of trouble.

Okay, I'm already in a lot of trouble. Let's hope this brings me out of it.

Part of the problem is that I want the second 2YN book to be longer, and it just isn't there. I realize a lot of the first book was worldbuilding, and there is no equivalent material for the second book -- just as well, probably. I think I need to stop worrying about the length and just work on getting it done to the best of my ability. If it's shorter, so what? As long as it has what it needs.

Yes, that's the attitude I need. Let's see how long I can hold on to it.

Okay, I've printed out my little sheet of paper with all the names and numbers to cross off. Time, I think, to get to work! Posted by Picasa

No comments: