Friday, August 01, 2003



I have a short piece up at 'A Picture's Worth' right now. It will be moving off into the archives before long, I'm sure.

I have to say, it was very interesting writing it. If I had been writing fiction, it would have taken me just a few minutes. Nonfiction in general doesn't take me long, either. But this one took me a couple days to get just short of 1000 words.

Anyway, in other life... Russ is off in New York until Tuesday. I'm hiding out in the house and trying to figure out how I want to set up my work for this month. I have gone as far as I intended to go on Badlands before I put together a submission package and moved on to the next piece. As it happens, I have 22 chapters left -- if I stick to the older versions layout -- that often doesn't happen in these rewrite from scratch versions. But if I do stick to it, or close, I can do one chapter a week and still rewrite the entire book by the end of the year.

This appeals to me because at that few words per week, I can still get other novels ready for submission.

Glory is going well, but slowly... but that's all right too. I have to get past this feeling that I need to rush things. Yes, it's well past midway on the year. No, I have not done most of what I set out to do this year.

You know, the world isn't exactly going to end because of it.

No comments: