Sunday, August 17, 2003



Busy, busy... but things are looking very good at Forward Motion. We came through the change with hardly any problems. The worst was that we didn't have our regular chat client for a few days, but we did have the backup. People were properly grateful when the new one showed back up, too.

Writing is going well. I'm concentrating better on Glory, which is a good sign. I think I'm going to have it done in time. I have 310 more pages to edit. That's a lot of work, but if I can keep concentrating on it, I have a good chance of getting it done by mid month. I would really like that.

Badlands is still going. I had not intended to rewrite the entire book -- the idea was to create a submission package. That's not going to work. I am just not capable of stopping 100 pages in and moving on to something else. Ah well. I'll get this rewrite done and then move on to the next project. I guess I'm just not going to be able to change that 'finish what you start' mentality, even if what you started was not intended to be a full rewrite.

Hey, it's all right. I'm really nearly half way through anyway.

But here's an on going lingering problem from my stay in the hospital. I have huge bruises right below both wrists where they jabbed for veins. I think they may have jabbed muscles a few too many times because they still ache. Any kind of knock or pressure against the part and it really aches so much I have to stop what I'm doing.

A full week later. I'm getting annoyed.

Patience. I know. Patience.

Well, I'm about 30 words short of 1000 for Glory. I'm going to work on it and then over to Badlands for a few thousand. I had a 4000 word day yesterday, and 3500 the day before. I'm almost at 1000 today. Such a shame about wanting to go nap... (grin)

No comments: