Saturday, July 19, 2003



I have an idea for a new sf novel.

AAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having an idea is not bad. And this one just sprang up out of nowhere, taking over my brain while I tried to sleep. It's going to take a good amount of research, but writing it will be easier. Of course, writing is always easier for me. But still...

I'll be doing the research on it. Okay, I'll likely be doing a lot of research on it... but I think I will have fun.

Yes, there are the other projects. Don't worry. I'll still be working on them. But this one is something that will allow me to pull out some science books and do a bit of reading in them. I'm going to need to create a space station and some reason for it's existance -- planet, important star, observation post...

I'm going to go work on Glory right now and let my brain play with this one a bit more before I even start to look for information. I don't want to go leaping all over searching for info before I define my needs. I can kind of get caught up in that sort of fun and lose track of what I want. Or have it mutate so much that I can no longer get a real grip on it.

Ah, but it's going to be fun. I'm not going to do it like one of my normal books. Several people, each with their own stories, but some intertwining threads. Each story in a short story form. People will cross from one story to another, but the POVs will be different. Maybe six characters, and one more who has an on going story, moving between them, so that there are interludes where this person is pulling the main thread along.

Cat feeding time. I better go take care of that right now!

No comments: