Tuesday, July 22, 2003

I am not leaping into work just yet. We have some lovely clouds, so I went out and did pictures. A cool day, too! Now, if I can just get past the bit of a headache and actually look at something...

I am so close to finally really finishing the first draft of Glory that I'm likely to just run with it soon and go all the way to the end.

Yes, I know that I said I had the first draft done a while back... but after I cut the ending I realized I could no longer really claim that it had been finished. And adding some 20,000 words to it... well, I've done 21,000 at this point, and I still have maybe 5 to 10,000 or more to go. It was about 73,000, then dropped to 67,000 when I cut the ending, and now I'm up to 88,000. I hope to get it closer to 100,000 -- and as strong as the story is going, I think I can do it. I might be able to do that by the end of the month.

Then it gets set aside for a while again before I do the real edit on it. I hope that it all holds together.

The Badlands Submission Project is going along pretty well, too. I hope to have it done about the end of thos month as well. Then I'm going to look at one of the contemporary YA novels to submit somewhere. I think I need to branch out a bit.

I also have a last read-through and such to do on my chapbook submission package. I need to do the cover letter to that one as well.

Yes... busy. But having a good time!

No comments: