Sunday, January 05, 2003

Long day. Nothing done. Hmmm....

I'm not quite sure where the time goes on days when I'm not feeling well. I haven't really done anything that I can put my finger on... at least not enough to cover all the time I've been up. I think my mind goes blank now and then. I know it did in the bathtub, but I feel better for that one.

So, here I am about to make a major attack on my writing. I've been a bit lax the first few days of the year. Oh, I've managed 1000 to 2000 words a day, but I still don't feel as if I've connected with anything. However, I think I'm about to feel more comfortable with Ashan, someone who was going to be a secondary character in Emergent, but is already bringing out aspects of the story that are going to make this far more interesting. The problem may not be dealing with him, but rather lingering too long on him.

I have three main characters, all of them powerful, all of them at odds with each other for one reason or another, and all of them going to have to learn to work together by the end. It's going to be a lot of fun running them up against each other.

The Sangre story hasn't gone much beyond those lines from yesterday, but I expect that it will take off as well. I have all night. It's fun!

No comments: