Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Lost One

We lost the Siamese baby this morning. Not a surprise since he was never strong, but stil.... he was Nazir's baby, and with Nazir gone as well, it was pretty tough.

The other three are pretty active, but I don't hold out much hope for them. Russ is still trying to track down their mother, but I don't think she's going to turn up.

They don't have their eyes open yet, but I'm betting in the next two days they'll start. We think they had to be born no later than Thursday or Friday of last week. Kittens open their eyes at seven to ten days. This is possibly day six, and almost 48 hours in my hands.

We'll see.

I haven't had much sleep the last two days, between worry and feedings every couple hours.

I have to do Vision stuff.

Ugh. I just hate all of this because, depsite them doing well, I don't expect the others to survive. They're too young.

And I'm really tired. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hugs. I'm really sorry to learn of this. You can do Vision later. The kittens need you now. Rest when you can.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your losing a kitten. It must be heartrending to have kittens that young.

On another note, I just wanted to say that your photos are truly stupendous. I browse your blog regularly for the 'eye candy'.