Sunday, July 14, 2002

The good news is that I have finally done almost the very last really honestly edits on Living in Caine's Hold. Now I have to go over the last 100 or so pages with Russ. He's been a great help with this particular book, and will probably be a lot of help with others too. The problem is that he's just launching his own writing career with a ten article series for which he's going to get about $5000. So, you know, that kind of takes precedence over my novels.

I hope that he gets his work done early tomorrow so that we can go over this stuff. We'll be out of town on Monday if all goes well. This is a trip we were going to take on the weekend of the 4th, and still haven't been able to pull it off. Research trip, by the way... mostly for his articles and partly for a book I intend to write.

I have not actually done my writing tonight. I'm going to start that now and do about a thousand words and call it good. The editing, of course, takes far more work than writing new text, but I do enjoy it. I just wish I could get a better word count out of it. (grin)


No comments: