Monday, May 27, 2002

Alright, I can't just type like I usually do. My hand won't let me. And when I try, it gives me more trouble.

So here is the temporary new plan.

I will write 250 words. I will take a break and read two pages out of the nonfiction book I should have finished long ago. It's a wonderful book -- the first of three volumes called The Mediterranean and the Mediterranean World by Fernad Braudel.

So right now I am sitting at 39,049 words. At 39,250 -- or close there after -- I will stop and read page 152 and 153.

This isn't a great plan, but I work well with a goals and odd things like this. I couldn't do it with fiction, by the way, because once I fall into a fiction book, I don't want to put it down. I'm that way with nf on occasion, too, but I'm hoping to work this out right. So, off to work! I'll be back in a few minutes, I'm sure...

No comments: