Monday, January 09, 2017

Progress Report



My first new novel for 2017 is Journey of a Thousand Truths.  I am over 17k into the story, and I'm enjoying writing this one.  The alternating chapters of first person (Mai) and third person (Zaron) are working out very well, though I do sometimes get mixed up and have to go back and rewrite a section to get it in the right POV.

Experimenting with writing is fun, at least when it seems to be working well.  So far, this is moving along nicely, though there are days like today where I can't quite make the connections I want as quickly as I would like to.  Still, I'm up to 1k for the day.

I have been using Grammarly on most everything I write these days.  I swear I have a block in the brain when it comes to commas.  Grammarly is almost always telling me that I have one I don't need and don't have one that I do need.  It's kind of funny, but I am slowly learning the 'where and when' of putting them in.  I see fewer errors overall when I run something through the program. 

The cold winter days are good for writing.  I keep my office toasty warm. The cats and dog come in here with me, being creatures who love their comforts, too.  The room has one window, but it's behind me and mostly covered in stuffed animals at the moment, so I don't see much of the outside world.  That's bad for the photographer side of me but good for the writing side.  Staying off the Internet is difficult some days, but if I can fall into a nice pattern of writing, then I can get a lot done.  I love when the story flows.

Journey of a Thousand Truths is moving forward through the mists of possible paths.  I think I needed this kind of story for the first book of the year.  It's an exciting story with demons and mercenaries.  I think I'm about to take them out of the city and into the wider world.


I am looking forward to getting out there with them and seeing what we can find.

No comments: