Wednesday, December 12, 2012

More about the Two Year Novel Course



Still not certain about taking the Two Year Novel Course at Forward Motion? Check out what others have said:

"When my urban fantasy novel Quarter Square was published by Carina Press, the first person I thanked on my acknowledgements page was Lazette Gifford, for it was on one of Zette's excellent Two Year Novel courses that the book was conceived, born and nurtured." David Bridger
"The Two Year Novel Course got me thinking about my story in ways I'd never considered before - ways that deepened and enriched my story. I even gained a main character who is vital to the story from one week's exercise." Wandering Author (Member of Forward Motion)
"Without Lazette Gifford's 2YN course I wouldn't have discovered my ideal writing process. Having taken the course, the first drafts of my novels now come out with a lot less struggle." Alex Fayle
"From world building to curse words to the food your characters eat, Lazette Gifford's 2YN courses take the monumental task of creating a believable world and breaks it down into bite-sized chunks. For anyone who thinks they don't have the time to write, this course can show you a manageable way to get words onto paper." AJ Maguire
"The 2YN course is a must for the serious writer. From start to finish it encompasses each facet of the novel writing process, providing the tools and knowledge to create characters with more depth, to make your worlds richer, and your story flow smoother. I highly recommend this class!" SaharaD (Member of Forward Motion)
"Zette's Two Year Novel Class is amazing. It honors the process of writers in that the rhythm is true to book-writing itself. I personally found the world-building and basics section the most useful for my own craft, but all of it is stellar and presented in an attitude that fosters experimentalism and openmindedness. I have sometimes regretted my occasional lack of participation, but I have never regretted any of the time I spent on the course, nor the money I spent on the books. I return to them whenever I hit a rough spot in my writing. They always seem to shake it loose." RavenCorbie (Member of Forward Motion)
This is the general outline for the classes:


Basics, Weeks 1-5


Characters, Weeks 6-13


World building, Weeks 14-25


Outlines, Weeks 26-33


Writing the First Draft, Weeks 34-65
 

Editing, Weeks 66 -88


Submission and Publication Weeks 89 - 104
 

The on line version includes:

  • Weekly class post
  • Question and answer section
  • Member's Only area to post your weekly assignments and get feedback from other members of the class.

The course is free.

To take part, you must be a member of Forward Motion for Writers (www.fmwriters.com) which is a free site. Once there post to this thread. When the private boards are set up and we're ready, I'll give you access to the classes. The first class will be posted in early January, 2013.



No comments: