Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I survived!

From For Blog


Hello

Yes, I am alive. Really. I've just had a few weeks of misery and work, which is never a good combination. The misery came in two forms. First was the return of some nasty cold weather that just sapped my strength. I was ready for spring, had gotten a taste of it, and then the snow and cold returned.
The worst problem, however, was a horrendous pain through my neck that made it almost impossible to turn my head or to sleep. Not a good combination, but after a week it mostly cleared up. Still a bit sore and I'm careful not to do any sudden turns and such, but I have faith it's nearly gone.
This after nearly two months of horrible back problems. I've just been cursed this year.

On the other hand, I do have two new short stories out at Smashwords for $0.99:

A Ride Through Hell and Back (Fantasy) :
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/44408

Stand the Line (Science Fiction):
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/44568

The new issue of Vision: A Resource for Writers is done and posted, so I'm good there. And my, I love the new Joomla version. So much neat stuff to play with!
http://www.visionforwriters.com/

Kat Among the Pigeons is very nearly done. I should be working on it right now, but I haven't had the chance to post in so long that I thought I had better do one (copying to both LJ and Blog) before I forget how to post. If I can get a few things done off my list, I might even have the final draft done tonight. Then another read and possibly a few pre-production copies out for reviews. Kat is my birthday present to myself (next week), and to fulfill a promise I made to myself last year. I think I'm going to make it. (Cover Art. Must finish Cover Art -- another thing to add to the list.)

It doesn't help that I am being side-tracked by Vision. I am starting to get the back issues in, and that's going to take a LOT of time, but it's so much fun to tag them and get them in the right sections. I have to get my focus back where it belongs today and get caught up on other things.
Work. So much work to do and so little time. I best get back to it!

No comments: