Sunday, March 07, 2010

Late, busy, preparing....



For the last week or so, I've been trying very hard to get Silky 3 done. I'm down to the last 20 pages of read aloud/edit/read aloud/edit ... you get the idea. It's actually going very well, despite that my right eye is acting up again and that I'm fighting a headache because of that. The great thing about computers, though, is that you can resize the font larger and make things less troublesome.
Silky 3 should go to Holly tonight or tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I start a new novel of which I only have a 14 point outline at the moment. I would like to have more, but I don't know if I'm going to get there. I can see a lot in those 14 points, though, so I'm not worried about anything except that it might be a novella rather than a novel. That's not really a worry, just an observation.

I am going to do print versions of the Silky books. Holly and I have discussed this in passing for a long time now, and I'm really preparing to get it done. This is, quite honestly, the month in which I take charge of my writing future and start moving again. We all know the world of publishing is changing. There are so many new ways to reach readers, and yes, I am going to start taking some of them more seriously than I have in the past.

That's going to be my birthday present to myself this year. And you know -- it's kind of exciting.

I am also thinking about creating a zoo photo book for myself. That sounds like an odd sort of fun, though searching through over 3k in pictures to find 50 or so I want to put in it may be a little more time consuming than I really want to do. We'll see!

But I'm late with this by a few days, and I have those twenty pages to edit still. So up this goes and off to work I go!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: