Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter....



Thank you to everyone who helped Vera save her house. (See last post!) She's always helped everyone else, and it was wonderful to be part of a gift back to her. Yay!

In news on the home front....

It's now official that Russ will not be home for Christmas again this year. This just sucks. He would at least like to make it for New Years, but that doesn't look likely, either since -- what a shock -- funds are low. And even if he did, we don't have a car that works. And I have some new problems that need fixed here at the house besides.

Oh, I'm sure it will all work out all right. I'll survive the holidays -- I did all last year, and I'll manage again this year. Things are better, in many respects, than they were last year at this time. If we can just get a little bit ahead before the next big disaster, I'll believe there is even hope. Right now, we have to work on the car problem mostly. It's lucky that we really don't depend on it for day-to-day things, but is still necessary. The problem is that we're likely going to have to replace it. We can do that fairly cheaply -- but even cheap is more than we have.

Always some problem, right?

My computer is giving me odd problems. I don't know what I'm going to do if it goes out. I really don't. I don't think it's anything too serious yet, so if I can hold out a few more months, I think I'll be fine. I just wear the poor things out, I think. I do have a new hard drive, so I'm not worried about losing anything except the computer itself (as long as I remember to back up, right?)

Right now, though, I should be finishing up the DAZ Newsletter. I'm late with it. I just could not get going on it for the last couple days, and I don't know why. I finally got through the bulk of it today, and now I have to work on links and cleaning up a bit of the wording. It will be good to have it done!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

eihpos said...

I'm sorry to hear Russ won't be home for Christmas - that's just awful. I hope you'll still have a good holiday though. Sending many warm and happy wishes your way.