Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays



Yes, I am actually still alive. It's been an interesting month since Russ moved to New York. He was back briefly toward the start of December, and he'll be back again next weekend. I am spending Christmas alone, which is pretty depressing, but I'm sure I'll survive it.

I have a lot of work to get done, too. Russ's trip back here next weekend came as a surprise. I thought he wouldn't be able to make it for another week. Now I'm trying to get all kinds of things caught up before the end of the year. It's going okay. And it will keep me busy over the holidays, so that's probably good.

I am about 7,000 words short of 1,000,000 for this year. I don't see a problem with getting that much over the next few days. I have finished A Plague of Rats, and all I have left is the Devlin story and some background work for a new novel I'll write next year. Oh, and a couple things I need to finish up for Vision. Yes, I have to put that together, too. And get some important stuff done for Forward Motion.

I have no clue what I'm going to write on January 1. I have a new story idea, but it needs far more work than I can give it between now and January 1. So I'll probably start out with something light and simple. Since Russ will be flying back to New York on January 1, I'll want something interesting to do again.

Other than that there is obviously not much going on. I have placed three more novels with Holly's store, but it's going to be a while before they are ready to go. I'm looking forward to it. Oh, and the last Dark Staff book will be off to the copyeditor before the end of the year, too. I am so looking forward to being done with that series!

A lot of changes this year. Next year -- well, it's going to be a rough year, in many ways. I'm trying to find a way to get through it with a sense of adventure, rather than depression. So far, I can't say that it's working so well, but I think once I get past the holidays, it will be better.

And now, back to doing a little writing and then heading for bed for a few hours, and then back to work again. The one thing I can say about my love of writing is that it does keep me busy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: